MÉDIPÔLE DE KOUTIO HEALTH CENTER – DUMBÉA – NEW CALEDONIA
12 Dry Coolers with specific characteristics
ThermoKey has been chosen for an important air-conditioning system in New Caledonia
Médipôle de Koutio is a health center in the town of Dumbéa, in New Caledonia, which holds the assets of four sites in a single area of 90.000 square meters.
Thermokey has taken part to the creation process of the air conditioning system of the complex Médipôle de Koutio , started in 2015, providing 12 Drycoolers to condition the hospital and following a variety of specifications to meet the needs of this peculiar installation:
- To withstand the aggressive environment due to sea proximity the Dry Coolers are equipped with double layer pre-painted fins.
- To meet the request for low energy consumption (36,2 kW for each unit) highly efficient and durable EC (brushless) fans are used.
- To respect the intended use of the structure (a hospital), a low noise level ( 108dB(A) total acoustic level in a 13.056 kW plant) is achieved thanks to electronic fans.
- To avoid rain backwater (which can cause legionnaires’ disease , dengue fever and other diseases) ThermoKey has re-designed the units avoiding any concave areas and equipping them with adequate screws and bolts.
- For a higher efficiency in the presence of flexional loads, heat-galvanized steel IPE beams (type HEB200) have been supplied with wide parallel wings and greater flexional stiffness.
Finally, ThermoKey has performed the FAT test – final test to verify and confirm specification and contract requirements – in the presence of the customer. The customer was able to:
- Visually verify and inspect the units.
- Verify the acoustic level (noise level) at rpms indicated in the technical specification.
- Attend the electrical test on the dry coolers and checking the intensity at different work stages.
- Attend a brief training regarding speed control system.